If you’re looking to publish your own book online and on your terms, look no further than self-publishing. It’s the fastest-growing trend in the publishing world, and for good reason. It’s easy, you earn more per sold copy, and you retain complete creative control of your book. You keep all your rights and have zero contractual obligations. Here at Bookmundo, we also enable you to buy heavily discounted copies of your own book, which you can then resell or use for promotional purposes. You can also use our comprehensive sales interface to sell your book via several different online sales channels at once, including Amazon, Kobo, and Google Books.
How do I publish my book?
That’s where we come in. Our goal is to make publishing a book as easy and accessible as possible. That’s why Bookmundo gathers all of the tools you need in one interface and streamlines the process to make it as easy as possible for you to go from writer to published author.
We’ve written a detailed overview of the publishing process on our platform, in case you’re new to self-publishing or simply curious about how it works here at Bookmundo. You can publish paperbacks, hardbacks, and ebooks on our platform.
The benefits of self-publishing
Self-publishing can sound pretty overwhelming if you’re new to it, but don’t worry. We’re here to make it easy for you and streamline the process so that you can take advantage of the many benefits of self-publishing your book:
- Complete creative freedom
- You retain all rights to your work
- You set your own retail price, meaning you control how much you earn per sold copy
- Our platform guides you through the process and automates all the technical stuff
- It doesn’t cost anything to publish and start selling your book unless you also want to sell it via third-party sales channels like Amazon or Kobo. In that case, all you need is an ISBN, which you can get for £10.55
- You’ll be able to monitor your sales on the platform, and we’ll transfer your royalties to you every month
- You can buy your book at a discount as often as you like, in any quantity you want. An additional bulk discount is applied if you order three copies or more.
- We take care of printing and shipping; all you have to do is provide the book
- You don’t have to publish or sell if you don’t want to–creating a private book is totally fine
How much does it cost to publish your own book?
It doesn’t cost anything to publish your book on our platform. We only charge for ISBNs (which are optional) and printing books you order for yourself.
How much can I earn by selling my book?
That varies depending on the sales channel. When selling via our webshop, your own site, or social media channels, your profit margin will be at its highest. You can use our pricing calculator to figure out exactly how much you can make per sales channel. You’ll also be able to see how the profits per sold copy are distributed between yourself and the sales channels you’ve chosen.
Where can I sell my book?
Our goal is to provide a one-stop-shop for all your publishing needs. To that end, all major online bookshops are available via our platform, meaning all you have to do is tick a box, and your book will be made available for purchase on Amazon, Kobo, Google, and Apple Books. We also provide you with a digital storefront and social media integrations to help you sell your book directly to readers, without an intermediary; this will result in the highest possible margins for you.
What types of books can I publish?
You can publish paperbacks, hardcovers, and ebooks on our platform. The contents of those books are of course completely up to you. We also offer a wide range of other customization options, varying from the paper type to the cover finish. You can explore these options using our pricing calculator.
I don’t want to publish my book, as it’s intended for private use. Is that possible?
Absolutely! You can skip the publishing step entirely and get straight to printing or downloading.