Looking to print your books online with maximal flexibility and minimal fuss? You’ve come to the right place. At Bookmundo, you decide exactly when and how many copies you want to print, be it a single copy or thousands. You also control the materials (e.g. paper and cover types), allowing you to create your ideal book. Not to mention the volume discounts that kick in if you order three copies or more! So, if you’re looking for an affordable way to print books, why not give it a go?
It has never been this convenient to print your own books
Not too long ago, you were stuck with offset printing as your only option. This meant that you’d need to order at least 300 copies per print run. Not only did this mean a sizeable investment with no guarantee that you’d ever be able to sell your stock, but you also needed a place to put all the books! Also, if you happened to want a single copy for private use, you were out of luck. A waste of both paper and money, in a lot of cases.
Things have changed a lot since then, however. These days, we have digital printing technology that allows you to print books on demand. This means you can print any number of books you want, be it one or a thousand (or more!) without compromising on quality or breaking the bank.
Print books on demand
You can print any number of books, as often as you like. Order one book 10 times or 10 books one time, it’s all up to you! This way you don’t need a bunch of space to store books, and can simply order new copies whenever you need them. Another big advantage is that this method allows you to make changes to your cover or manuscript in between print runs, allowing you to keep your book up to date at all times. Want to learn more about printing your book on demand?
For when you need a lot of books
Print books in bulk
If you’re looking to print more than 400 copies of your book, offset becomes an attractive option. Offset is a mechanical printing process which makes the price per copy drop considerably if a high enough volume is reached. Keep in mind that an offset order will be delivered in one go, so make sure you have enough space to store all those books. If you’re interested in offset printing, contact us and we’ll get back to you with a quote.
How to create and print your book
Printing on demand: how does it work?
The process of creating and printing your book is very straightforward; here’s an overview:
- Create and activate your Bookmundo account
- Log in and click ‘New book’
- If you’re only looking to print (not publish or sell your book), simply skip the ISBN and Pricing steps
- In the last step of the process, you’ll be able to order your book; we’ll print and ship them to an address of your choice.
- You’ll be able to review your order history and download invoices in your account.
I just received my order and I’m very impressed! Printing my book was easier than I expected.
Lots of options
Print both paperback and hardback books!
We’re excited to offer a range of customization options for your book:
- First off, you can choose whether you want to print hardback or paperback books. The latter is the most popular by far. Our paperbacks have a thick 240 g paperboard cover. A hardback is made of sturdy cardboard and is a couple of pounds more expensive per copy.
- All our books are perfect-bound.
- You can choose between a wide range of different formats and sizes, including portrait, landscape, and square books.
- There are three different paper types to choose from for your book block (i.e. the actual contents of your book). Cream paper (90 g), which is commonly used for novels and other fictional work; white paper (80 g), mostly used for academic books; and white semi-gloss paper (115 g), which is suitable for books containing a lot of pictures, such as cookbooks and photography books. Learn more about our paper types here.
To explore all our customization options, check out our pricing calculator.
What will it cost to print my book?
Good news: these days, it’s pretty cheap to print books! We’ve managed to keep our prices low by streamlining the process and cutting out unnecessary administration and middlemen. The price of getting your books printed and bound depends largely on the specifications of your book, however.
For example, printing a short paperback in black and white is the cheapest way to go about it, whereas printing a thick hardback in full colour is the most expensive. Whatever your specs, however, our attractive bulk discounts will kick in if you order three copies or more. Check out our pricing!
How long does it take to print a book?
How long will it take to print my books?
As soon as you’ve placed an order, we’ll forward it to our printing facility. This process is fully automated. We will always send the files as they are, meaning we’ll be printing exactly what you’ve uploaded to our platform. You’ll receive an order confirmation as soon as you’ve placed your order, and a shipping confirmation once it’s been picked up by the postal service.
A paperback takes 2-4 days to print on average, and a hardback generally takes 1-2 days longer. Shipping usually takes 1-2 days. Read more about orders and shipping in our help centre.
Print books in the UK and the EU
By default, we’ll print your books in the UK and ship them to the address listed in your account. However, we also have an extensive European printing network allowing you to print, bind and distribute your books locally in France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, the Netherlands and Belgium. This allows you to avoid cumbersome import and export regulations to and from the EU, enabling you to keep shipping costs and delivery times low. We’re continuously expanding our printing network, so check back every once in a while if you don’t see the country you want. We also ship books worldwide, of course.