How to publish a book on Bookmundo – general information
Wondering how to publish a book on our platform? Or simply curious about a specific part of the process? We’ve taken the liberty of writing a comprehensive self-publishing guide for you, complete with an FAQ.
You’ll be able to publish your book in seven steps:
Our platform will guide you through the self-publishing process: in each step, we explain what you need to do and provide practical tips. There’s also an FAQ for you to browse if necessary. You can log in or out at your discretion and pick up where you left off the previous session. Until the moment you publish your book, you’re free to go back to previous steps and make changes.
Choice of print book and/or ebook
We assume you want to publish both a print book and an e-book (because why not?), but it is also possible to choose one or the other. As we require different information for the publication of an ebook (e.g. isbn, cover design, sales channels), there are additional steps that have to be completed. In every step, you can keep the details you’ve entered by clicking the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the screen.
How to deposit your book with the British Library
By law, the British Library is entitled to a copy of your book free of charge. This process can be a bit confusing, so we’ve put together an article dealing exclusively with the various procedures involved and the options available to you. Read all about making a legal deposit here.
- Always consult the FAQs and Tips
- Make sure that your manuscript is 100% correct before publishing! Weed out any spelling or grammar mistakes, make sure your style is consistent and perfect the layout.
- The cover will determine people’s first impression of your book: take the time to create an attractive design.
- Don’t overprice your book – do some research to find out what prices in your segment look like.
- Take time to consider who your target customers are and how to reach them. This directly influences which sales channels you want to make use of.
- Start the promotion of your new book before publishing it. You can do that, for example, by announcing your book, distributing the cover design and offering review copies.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of each page when you want to keep the details you entered.
- Only use the ‘New Book’ button if you want to start a completely new title. If you want to continue working on your current title, click on the ‘Edit’ button (to the right of the title of your book).
How do I publish both a print book and an ebook?
Your first choice, once you’ve started creating a book on our platform, is whether to create a print book or an ebook. Thereafter you will be guided through all the publishing steps. After you have published the print version of your book, you can immediately publish your ebook. Or the other way around.
Are the print and ebook versions considered different titles?
Yes. Although the content might be identical, there will be differences. For one, it is necessary to request a separate ISBN for your print book and ebook. The cover for your ebook will be different and the format of the manuscript that is to be uploaded will have other requirements. Lastly, the sales channels might differ, as there are specific web shops that only sell ebooks.
What should I do when questions arise during the publishing process?
Always consult the FAQ and the tips first. In most cases this will answer any questions you might have. Should that not be the case, you can always contact us for more information on how to publish your book.
I keep losing my data. What is happening?
We will file all details as soon as you have clicked on the ‘Save’ button. Hence, your data cannot disappear. You probably clicked on the ‘New Book’ button instead of the ‘Edit’ button of the title you were working on. When you click on the ‘New Book’ button, we automatically create a new empty book for you. So, after you have logged in, click on the ‘Edit’ button (to the right of the title you were working on) to resume your work.